Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vegan Cheese that actually is like cheese.


I know they all claim to be "just like real cheese" and it never is. I have been wanting to try this new Daiya Vegan Cheese, but its really hard to get your hands on. I have thought about ordering it online for like $20, but that is more then I want to spend if I end up not eating it because most vegan cheeses are really disappointing. But after a long wait a Whole Foods store in my city has finally started carrying the stuff. Weird that they all do not. I am sure they all will soon. And Daiya Vegan Cheese is getting their products in restaurants and pizza places. I can't wait to eat pizza with friends again.

I am telling you right now Daiya Vegan Cheese is the best vegan cheese I have ever had. It makes me wonder if they are trying to get by with sneaking in real cheese just to see if the vegans will notice. I didn't get sick so it must be true, a really good alternative to cheese. Cheese my love I have missed you and now I no longer have to go without you.

I made whole wheat bagel pizzas with those new thin bagels the have come out with, Marinara sauce, basil, and the Daiya Vegan Cheese Italian style. It was almost as good as a bagel bite. It was a really great margarita style pizza though.

No comments: