Friday, May 7, 2010

South West Salad



I work at a very well known restaurant... and lets just say our salads are really good looking and tasting, but the calories are insanely high. And I am always tempted to eat one, but all of our salad dressings have dairy in them. So I took a bit of inspiration from what I can't eat and made it something I can eat.

First step was to find a salad dressing that went with my south west salad theme. The one that follows worked out really well. It did take a little time to make, but it was really good. I will definitely make this salad again. Even take it to work to snack on.


For the salad I combined baby Romain lettuce with 1/4 cup of corn, 1/4 cup of black beans, and 1/4 cup of black bean salsa. Then I ate it with some crushed up corn chips. Then I drizzled on some of the Lime Chipotle Vinaigrette.

http://www.bigoven.com/163428-Lime-Chipotle-Vinaigrette-recipe.html

Lime Chipotle Vinaigrette

Ingredients

* 2 each chipotle chile canned in adobo
* 3 tablespoons cilantro
* 1 teaspoon garlic
* 1/2 cup red onion roasted
* 1/2 cup Rose's Lime Juice
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 5 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/16 cup black pepper
* 1/16 cup salt
* 1 cup olive oil blend Arrezzio Olive oil B




Preparation

Mix all ingredients thoroughly.

Source: "Moab Brewery"Yield: "2 cup

No comments: