Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls!




So I am not a big fan of the Pillsbury canned cinnamon rolls, but they are so quick and easy so I make them for Mike and eat one or two. But everything has changed now. I bought some frozen bread dough thinking I would make a loaf of bread some time, but I haven't used them instead I have been making my own bread from scratch but last night I thawed out the dough, and this morning I rolled them out into thin squares and brushed them with 1/2 stick of melted butter ( I don't use real butter). Then I mixed 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 2 table spoons of butter and sprinkled over the dough, and then sprinkled 1/4 cup of chopped pecans over the dough. Then I rolled the dough into logs, sliced them in 1 inch pieces and placed them into a greased pan and I let them rise 30 minutes, and then I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Then I made an icing with powdered sugar, vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon mixed with a few drops of water. I have eaten three so far... 2 frozen loafs make 30 cinnamon rolls.

No comments: