Friday, April 30, 2010

Banana and Wheat Germ Muffins
















Combine all of the following in a large bowl and set aside.

1 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup wheat germ

Now combine in a medium bowl

2 large eggs
1/3 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup milk (soy or lactose free)
1 1/2 cups mushed very ripe bananas (I used two)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix well and then pour the liquid bowl over the dry bowl and combine. Then fill 1 muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. And bake at 400 degrees (my oven runs too hot so I did 350) for 20 to 25 minutes.

This is one of the few recipes that I make that really does make 12 good size muffins and not 10 good ones and 2 tiny ones. I also added a few things like my dehydrated banana slices that taste of like eating fresh banana bread





And I have some walnuts in the freezer I need to eat before they go bad so I chopped up a big handful and sprinkled them on top of the muffins before baking. I left some with out nuts to compare.


Right now they are all cooling in the window, but I'm hoping they taste great. I will be sure to let you know.

No comments: